So, what is it that SEO marketing companies do that makes your website rank high? Here’re some SEO secrets compiled from a survey of top SEO firms. Remember, that performing SEO on your site is best left to SEO marketing companies – you must not attempt it yourself because even minor technical mistakes can push your website down.
1. The companies typically recommends all small and medium business owners to incorporate a WordPress CMS. This CMS is extremely search engine- and SEO-friendly. Tags, headers, H1, H2 and alt tags, etc., can be incorporated without any hard coding. Moreover, WordPress CMS is supported by a community and many plugins that can enhance your site can be freely downloaded and used. For example, there’s a plugin that can make your website mobile-friendly in a few clicks!
2. A search-friendly website technical structure is developed. This includes creating a Robots file that carries instructions for search engines, XML site map, 301 redirects, and more.
4. The site is bench marked with W3C’s best practices and errors are fixed.
5. Separate accounts are opened with Google, Yahoo, and Bing’s Webmaster Centers, and their recommendations are incorporated into your website.
6. The SEO marketing companies also ensure that your entire site’s navigation is accessible to search engines. If it isn’t, then the search engine may rank your site low because it cannot crawl through all the content.
7. SEO marketing companies then submit your website to prominent (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask) search engines.
8. Your site is registered with Google Places. This makes your place of business show up on Google Maps and thereby makes GPS-marketing easy.
9. Keywords are researched and incorporated in your description, tags, title, and content. Certain keyword-containing areas are highlighted to make pages more search-friendly.
10. Keyword-related internal links are used in a breadcrumb format to further strengthen the search engine visibility. Broken links are fixed.
11. The server location is carefully chosen because it impacts SEO – for example, if your website is built for Americans, then your server must be located in America.
12. The firms ensure that inner pages’ titles contain proper English words, and not numbers and junk characters.
13. The firms write unique and original content that contains keywords, but is human-friendly. Content must not be written for search engines because it does not make for a wholesome reading experience. Moreover, search engines red flag sites if they find that the sites are trying to cheat.
14. The search marketing companies then incorporate certain programming codes that make content snippets show up on search engines results even though a subscription is required to view the entire content. This is an invaluable SEO strategy.
This is what SEO marketing companies do to ensure that your website qualifies for a high ranking. However, know that SEO is a continuous process and once onsite SEO is complete, offsite SEO takes over. Offsite SEO is a large area and covers article, forum, blog, and video marketing, link building, social bookmarking, and more. The SEO firms develop customized strategies for every client, and it is in your best interest to work with a reputed and reliable SEO marketing company.